Welcome to the Parent Zone!
Here you will find messages from the EYFS team just in case your newsletter gets lost on the way home or you may have missed something.
- Reception children will be given a ‘Home Learning Log’ which will contain weekly tasks for you to support your child with at home. These will be given out on a Friday and the should be returned to your class teacher the following Friday. Please ask if you are not sure about anything or need a little help.
- Children will also receive a reading book (initially picture books) for you to share at home. Our aim is for you to share this book at least three times a week and sign their reading diary. (Please ensure that children bring their red book bag every day!). As the year progresses your child will also get other books for you to share (RWI, school library book and a ‘Bug Club’ reading book).
- Literacy is a huge focus this year so we will be giving you lots of support to help your child at home.
- Well done to those parents who persevered with toilet training over the summer holiday. It’s great to see so many children equipped with self-care skills enabling them to be ‘school ready!’
- A big welcome back to parents, new and old. Children have settled in very well and look super smart!