Tuesday 31st October 2017
On 1st January 2017, Caldmore Village Primary School became a member of the Academy Transformation Trust. In line with the other schools in the trust, we will be adopting the ATT Admissions Policy instead of the Walsall Local Authority Admissions Policy.
The Academy has commenced a minimum 6-week consultation period, in relation to the academy admissions for 2019/20. This consultation period will commence on November 1st and conclude on December 15th 2017.
A copy of the admissions policy is available here including the Published Admission Number (PAN) for the academy.
The parents and community of Caldmore Primary Academy are consulted on the following: Where the school is over-subscribed for any year group, applications for entry will be ranked in the following order:
- Looked after children and all previously looked after children (children who were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted or became subject to a child arrangements order or special guardianship order, immediately following having been looked after) in accordance with section 22 of the Children’s Act 1989.
- Siblings; which for the purposes of this policy are defined as: children living permanently at the same address as a child attending the academy at the time of their admission (including children in the 6th Form)
- Other children by distance from the academy, with priority for admission given to children who live nearest to the academy as measured using Ordnance Survey data to plot an address. Distances are measured ‘as the crow flies’ from the main entrance of the child’s property address point to the academy’s property address point on the site where the child will predominantly be based.
This is slightly different to the existing criteria in use in Walsall Community Schools which is :
- Looked after children
- Relevant medical or social grounds
Caldmore Academy’s Specific criteria as set out by Walsall Council is currently: (https://go.walsall.gov.uk/Portals/0/Uploads/primary_admission_booklet.pdf)
- Looked after children and previously looked after children.
- The address given on the application form will be used to assess whether another child attending the academy is living at the same address. The child’s address will be compared to the addresses held in the academy records.
- The address given on the application form will be used to assess the straight line distance between the child’s property address point and the academy’s property address point for the site where they will predominantly be based.
- Where a child lives with parents that have shared responsibility for the child, the “address” shall be considered as the home which the child resides for the majority of the school week.
- The unit postal address or quartering area address will be used as the “address” when considering applications from children of UK service personnel against the oversubscription criteria, providing the application is accompanied by an Assignment Order that declares relocation date and the address.
- We will accept changes to the address up to the point of allocation (CAF submission) deadline.
- If following the application of oversubscription criteria two or more applicants cannot be separated for the final place at an academy then random allocation will be used to determine the priority for that place; except in the case where the applicants should admit them all. Where random allocation is used, the names of the applicants will be entered into a hat and a name will be selected from the hat by someone independent of the academy.
There are no other proposed changes to the current admissions arrangements. The Governing Body would welcome responses to the proposed policy from local parents, local community members, relevant bodies and Admission Authorities. If you wish to comment on the proposed Admission Arrangements then please send your response in writing for the attention of Amy Bills, Principal Caldmore Primary Academy firstname.lastname@example.org or Peter Bishop ATT Governance Manager email@example.com. Comments should be received by no later than 4pm on December 15th 2017.